This is a presentation on generative AI and Academic Assignments by Rich McCue, MA, BComm (Digital Scholarship Manager & Education Technology Instructor in the Faculty of Education) and Zahra Premji, PhD (Health Research Librarian) for the Council of Canadian Departments of Psychology event in September 2023.
- Presentation Slides – Generative AI & Academic Assignments: Exclude or Embrace?
- Infographic for the presentation (full size)
- UNESCO flow chart to help students understand when it’s safe to use Generative AI in and out of the classroom (see below)
- Thompson Rivers University AI in Education Guide & Student AI Guidelines
- McMaster University Generative AI provisional guidelines for instructors
- UVic Libraries Digital Scholarship Commons free workshops (they may be useful to explore some alternate assignment formats)
If you have any questions or suggestions please feel free to reach out to me at: email@example.com