This is a presentation on generative AI and Academic Assignments by Rich McCue, MA, BComm and Zahra Premji, PhD for the UVic Learning and Teaching Support and Innovation’s (LTSI) Let’s Talk About Teaching (LTAT) event in August 2023.
- Presentation Slides – Generative AI & Academic Assignments: Exclude or Embrace?
- Infographic for the presentation (full size)
- UNESCO flow chart to help students understand when it’s safe to use Generative AI in and out of the classroom (see below)
- UVic Learning and Teaching Support and Innovation AI guidance
- McMaster University Generative AI provisional guidelines for instructors
- UVic Libraries Digital Scholarship Commons free workshops (they may be useful to explore some alternate assignment formats)
If you have any questions, suggestions or would like to explore the possibility of a DSC workshop for your class, please feel free to reach out to me: email@example.com